FTM UK

A UK based FTM lifestyle forum open to all nationalities and gender identities

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to FTM UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Body hair
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:13 am 

User Type: Member
Gender ID: Male
Pronouns: He, him etc
Bio: No. I don't cook meth!
OK, so I am somewhat hirsute and I quite like it, however, I made the mistake of reading a Cosmo article on whether women find hairy guys attractive and it would seem the one recurring theme (in the comments, too) is that hair equals 'yay' except on the back. Are you guys hairy and do you/would you ever consider waxing?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Body hair
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:54 am 
Addicted

Pronouns: yo mate, dude
my bellys very hairy, i trim it with my clippers, stops it lookin like pubic hair gone wild. waxing bloody hurts!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:32 pm 
Addicted

Gender ID: Neutral
Pronouns: He
Bio: Hung like Action Man
My legs have a winter coat. It's awesome.

My stomach is hairier than most of my cis-male friends, I'm quite proud.

My back is bald, it damn well better stay that way. If it got furry I'd probably consider laser treatment...

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:25 pm 
Regular

Pronouns: He/him/his
I genuinely hate Cosmo. I don't worry about it. I have a fair amount of hair between my shoulder blades and upon my lower back, and this is pre-T so I can only imagine it'll get worse. Not to mention the (worsening) hairiness elsewhere, too. Most men with chest hair will have back hair and women are often monumentally forgiving of things like that (I suspect, provided it isn't accompanied by a ridiculous hypocrisy that she must remain hairless everywhere and at all times in order to be considered attractive) and it's probably not going to make her recoil in horror, even if it's a thick back rug.

Chances are, if you're in a position where you're undressing in front of her, she's not going to drop you like a hot potato at the sight of your body in its natural form. Sure she might gently tease or offer to help you groom it, but it's unlikely it would see her leave, never to be heard from again.

I would say it's nice to keep most hair trimmed to a length that isn't irritating to you, because it just looks better than a mass of tangled coarse hair, and if you don't mind grooming then go for it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 pm 
Addicted

Pronouns: yo mate, dude
@momo, my mate dropped a bloke just cos he had a hairy back, women can b fickle ;-) ive never read cosmo is it that bad?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:10 pm 
Obsessed

Gender ID: male
Pronouns: he, his, him
I can say I wouldn't wax, but that's because I don't currently feel bothered by any of my body hair. However, there's every chance that if I didn't like some of it I might be tempted to wax it.

Instead of caring about how females view you, just decide whether you mind having a hairy back? If you don't like it, maybe consider waxing it, but if you don't mind it or are quite happy having a hairy back, leave it. Some women will probably like it, even if some don't. And there'll be the women who care about it and won't want to date you, but if a girl likes you enough she probably won't care (at least not enough to NOT be with you).

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 pm 
Addicted

Pronouns: Him, his and he.
Bio: Eccentricity personified*
I'm not as hairy as I want to be but I am pre t. Hopefully I'll be blessed with a goatee in the future (or a twirling mustache that I can twist and have a evil laugh)

*The ones who claim to be eccentric, crazy or odd are usually the most boring people you'll come across. Could I be the exception? ;-)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 am 
Regular

Pronouns: He/him/his
[quote="Nerffiend"]@momo, my mate dropped a bloke just cos he had a hairy back, women can b fickle ;-) ive never read cosmo is it that bad?

Can't imagine she liked him very much in the first place if true, lol. Perhaps not particularly relevant, but I've never been turned off by a woman with hair in her pits, or on her legs, or elsewhere. It's not something that excites me by any means, but it's not such an issue it'd render an otherwise great person immediately undateable. It's like a mole, or acne, or whatever.

Cosmo is awful, lol, particularly when you take note of its target audience. Then again, some men's mags are just as bad... on topic, they tend to exist to suggest the hairless mannequin man look is the only acceptable and desirable look in men, in order to attract women. "6 *** tips to blow her mind" and all that horse ****.

(It's Christmas and I am a curmudgeon :lol: )

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:30 am 
Obsessed

Gender ID: human
Pronouns: he, him, etc.
Bio: slytherin and proud.
i'm hella hairy, and i'd never wax anything. i'll manscape, sure, but waxing is a **** no.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:06 pm 

Pronouns: He, him etc
Bio: No. I don't cook meth!
I wouldn't know where to start with the whole 'manscaping' thing. Apart from the fact that I can't reach my back!

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]