FTM UK

A UK based FTM lifestyle forum open to all nationalities and gender identities

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to FTM UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:12 pm 
Addicted

User Type: Member
Gender ID: Male
Pronouns: Him, his and he.
Bio: Eccentricity personified*
I haven't posted in a long time regarding transition and that's because my transition medically has been on a hiatus. I do actually want T, top surgery and bottom surgery. I know that is going to come with some down sides that I'm personally going to cope with. I know for a fact that a) I will lose my hair, baldness runs in my family on both sides and particularly my dad's side (pretty early as well, my brother is 21 and is losing his hair, in fact has lost most of it) b) I already look like my dad so going on T is going to make me look like my dad even more which is a problem because I really don't like him. But I have decided that, even that, isn't going to stop me. Voluntary work is a huge problem however not so much getting it, I have had offers but the benefit side of things, I cannot afford right now to lose my money, I have debts that need to sorted and I have been told by people that if I engage in volunteer work that my benefits could be stopped. I am not afraid of working, not at all, but right now, I have problems and a disability that prevents me working full time so I really cannot afford to lose what money I do have. Today, I have spoken with Nottingham GIC and they are in turn consulting with my doctor there and hopefully phoning back soon with an appointment. What I really hope is that I can get back on track ASAP and that they don't take much time in getting back in touch. In addition, my deed poll has come today, all I need is a signature and I have changed my name again. That was something I personally needed to do to cope and hopefully that will be done over the weekend if not sooner. So yeah, those are my updates. Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

*The ones who claim to be eccentric, crazy or odd are usually the most boring people you'll come across. Could I be the exception? ;-)

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gender ID: male
Pronouns: he
him
Bio: The purple shirt of sex...
Hey Nick - sounds good. Is everyone accepting of it now?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:57 pm 
Addicted

Update: Today I received a letter from Nottingham. My appointment is on Friday 27th January 2017 and I am seeing my doctor on his own. Two odd things here. Nottingham appointments are usually spaced three months apart, so I was expecting a March appointment and um, there usually two people who see me on appointments. This concerns me and I have a bad feeling about this appointment. So, not feeling that positive but hey ho, it is earlier than expected so I should be grateful :-)

Neal, not exactly, no and thanks :-)

*The ones who claim to be eccentric, crazy or odd are usually the most boring people you'll come across. Could I be the exception? ;-)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:17 am 
I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE

Gender ID: Male (FtM)
Pronouns: He, Him, His
Hey, Nick. My appointments at Nottingham are generally just with Dr Baker, except when a decision has to be made (e.g. two doctors had to see me together to agree I could have top surgery and could get the hysterectomy/oophorectomy). And some of my early appointments involved two doctors because I was under assessment. So don't freak too much about the change; I don't reckon it's something to worry about :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:41 am 
Addicted

Not a transition update. But a personal one. Over Christmas I got beaten up, abused and stayed for as long as I could and tried to help this person to my best ability until things reached crisis point and I was forced to leave. My injuries are still healing. Mental health is low, along with confidence. Unsuccessfully tried to commit suicide. I was homeless for a while until my family helped me and now I'm relatively safe. Things are starting to heal but my mental wounds will take years. I'm trying to start fresh, need to live not exist. Maybe someday I will...

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gender ID: male
Pronouns: he
him
Bio: The purple shirt of sex...
I'm so sorry, Nick. But that's very brave of you to post about it and to share. I'm glad things are getting better for you again.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:23 am 
Addicted

Thanks Neal, just glad it's over to be honest. I have a mental health appointment which I'm concerned about tomorrow afternoon. My injuries are mostly healed but I'm having a problem where I'm bruising very easily and so when I walk my legs bruise. On painkillers for pain I'm having. And trying to figure out if I can make the Nottingham appointment. To top things off and the reason I'm on painkillers, I have arthritis which makes me feel a hundred. The only way to go is up, I guess...

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:43 am 

User Type: Ally
Gender ID: Transvestite Male
Pronouns: She, her
Hi nick, haven't been on here in ages but saw your post and was shocked to hear your bad news over Christmas. Do let me know if you'd like a chat as sometimes it helps just talking things through.
Take care,
Katie

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:12 pm 
Addicted

Thanks Katie, nice to hear from you again :-) I would love a chat to get things off my chest. I'll message you on here later on. I hope you are well and happy.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:32 pm 
Addicted

Well, I received today, a piece of news that really is the bit of news I never wanted to receive until I'd actually finished. So from that sentence alone you should be able to figure out the rest, Nottingham have officially discharged me. I'd like to be able to say that I was taking that well, but I'm not. The 'severely disappointed' they stated I might be feeling in the letter doesn't quite cover it. I will be allowed a re-referral in light of congruent mental state. I'm still going to be around but don't be surprised if on here or any media you may come across me on the contact is sparse at least for a few days. Couldn't even handle a phone call properly, a few minutes ago and even though is I'm doing is typing on the Internet, I'm finding it difficult. I was already in a bad state of MH, this just made things worse...

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]